We are seeking a leadership candidate with a strong understanding of accounting and financial reporting standards, proven managerial capabilities, deep global relationships with institutional investors and the capital markets in general, experience in developing new and innovative research, analytics and data products, and a solid understanding of future market trends and how to strategically position CFRA to capture market growth with existing and prospective clients.
- Executive Leadership. The Head of FRS will be in a highly influential position as part of CFRA’s executive leadership team. The individual is expected to partner and work collaboratively with multiple individuals and departments including CFO/COO, CTO/CPO, Head of HR, Head of Equity Research Services, Head of Quantitative Research and Head of Sales to set the strategy and direction for the firm.
- Strategic Planning. CFRA’s forensic research team will need to change and adapt to continue to drive revenue growth in a rapidly evolving market. The Head of FRS will play a critical role in defining CFRA’s research and product evolution over the near and long term and bring together CFRA’s numerous capabilities to create exceptional insights, analytics, and data for our clients.
- Managerial Expertise. CFRA’s FRS team consists of 20+ analysts and the Head of FRS will manage, recruit, mentor and motivate staff to ensure they are reaching their highest potential.
- Sales & Client Engagement. Payment structures for equity research are shifting quickly and CFRA is well-positioned to capture incremental revenues over the next several years. The Head of FRS will partner with Sales and play a leading role in meeting with existing and prospective clients to pitch the Company’s unique value propositions in the market.
- Thought Leadership. CFRA plays an influential role in the capital markets and the candidate will be expected to participate in client forums, industry conferences, webinars, etc. to promote the company’s global brand and expertise.
- Entrepreneurial Attitude. The investment research industry is undergoing significant change and CFRA’s research will need to remain agile and adapt to changes within the two separate market segments – institutional and wealth management. The role will require someone who is comfortable rolling up their sleeves and tackling the myriad issues that arise during the innovation process – at whatever level those tasks may be.
- New Business Development Ready. The candidate will need to be comfortable interacting with both the wealth management and institutional investor communities, taking a leading role in pitching CFRA’s services across both market segments.
- Intellectual Curiosity. As the industry adapts, CFRA will seek to remain at the cutting edge, necessitating leadership that is up to date on current events, research, technology, and investor thinking.
- Equity Research Background/Deep Accounting Experience. The candidate must have significant experience working with investors, ideally in both the institutional and wealth management segments, at a minimum in at least one of those segments. Significant experience in Accounting Standards and Forensic Accounting Research is required; and experience in Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) is a big plus.
- Leadership Experience. Prior leadership experience will be key in harnessing the intellectual capacity of the team and driving it towards new initiatives and change management.
Education: MBA and/or CFA professional designation preferred. Must have 15 + years of experience on the buy-side, sell-side or specialized independent investment research.
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 85% of medical, vision, and dental premiums paid by CFRA for employees and their dependents.
- Generous vacation and holidays.
- Access to 401(k) and retirement education.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Veterans / Disabled