The Global Head of Finance is responsible for overseeing all financial aspects of business and driving the company’s financial strategy and planning. Reporting to the President & COO, this individual will be part of the Senior Leadership Team (“SLT”) and will lead a global team of professionals serving multiple business units with a continuous focus on assessing the financial performance of the company as well as possible risks and investments. Functional teams include accounting, financial planning & analysis, client services, and sales operations, as well as general counsel.
Strategy, Planning and Management
- Assess and evaluate financial performance against long-term operational goals, budgets, and forecasts.
- Provide insight and recommendations to both short-term and long-term growth plan of CFRA.
- Communicate, engage, and interact with Senior Leadership Team and Advisory Board.
- Set goals and objectives for all staff that align with overall strategic objectives of the firm and create a unique team culture based on the core values of CFRA.
Financial Analysis, Budgeting, and Forecasting
- Review and analyze monthly financial results, along with user and usage information.
- Prepare and present monthly financial budgeting reports including P&L by business unit, forecast vs. budget by business unit, and cashflow for company.
- Develop and maintain monthly operating budget and annual company operating budget, to include income statement, balance sheet, and cashflow.
Accounting and Financial Management
- Manage the accounting functions and ensure application of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures. Where necessary, enhance Netsuite and improve processes around the general ledger and accounting activities.
- Oversee preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
- Serve as key point of contact for external auditors, managing preparation and support of all external audits.
- Oversee the preparation and timely filing of all local, state, and federal tax returns.
- Administer, along with Human Resources, all commission and bonus plans for staff with sales organization.
- Work with Human Resources to ensure all appropriate legal compliance.
- Manage cash flow planning process and ensure funds availability.
- Maintain outstanding banking relationships.
- Manage and maintain sales data in Salesforce (CRM) and other software programs that are used within the Sales organization.
- Identify and make recommendations to eliminate sales process bottlenecks and inconsistencies.
- Develop and maintain daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports and key metrics for the sales and account management teams, including pipelines, opportunities, pricing, and renewals.
- Assist with analyzing and reporting on campaign performance, refine customer segmentation, and assist with territory management.
Client Service Operations
- Oversee the processing of invoices, fulfillment of services, and collection of payments.
- Monitor subscriptions such that customers are entitled with services that they have paid for.
- Lead month-end activities and ensure revenue is recognized in accordance with GAAP.
- Drive efficiencies through credit card processing while keeping merchant fees within budget.
- Ensure timely response to client inquiries and elevate to appropriate leader when necessary.
- The ideal candidate will bring 10-15 years of experience in financial and strategic management.
- Proven experience as director of finance or similar role; experience in capital raising and acquisitions a plus.
- Outstanding knowledge and understanding of GAAP, IFRS, and partnership income taxes.
- Experience working with external auditors, internal controls, and foreign entities.
- Solid knowledge of financial analysis and forecasting.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and ERP systems, Netsuite preferred.
- An analytical mind with a strategic ability.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities.
- BS/BA in accounting, finance, or relevant field.
- CPA or other relevant qualification is a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Veterans / Disabled