The Senior DevOps Developer will be reporting to VP of Engineering and will have overall responsibility to build, manage and support our infrastructure (servers, databases, networks, monitoring, reporting) as well as our processes and procedures (continuous integration, build infrastructure, test automation). The successful candidate will contribute to the evolution of our AWS cloud infrastructure that delivers CFRA’s research and analytics. This is a great opportunity to get in at ground floor and help build a solid DevOps culture and grow the team.
- Automate infrastructure deployments with CloudFormation/ Terraform
- Develop automation code to deploy and maintain systems and applications that run and monitor services in the public cloud.
- Develop deployment pipelines for services running in AWS.
- Continuous delivery (CI/CD) using Jenkins.
- Programmatically make secrets management painless and easy across distributed services, secret handling technology such as Vault, AWS KMS
- You will design and develop new automation solutions to infrastructure engineering problems
- Work closely with application developers and participating in the architectural discussions.
- Build self-service Continuous Delivery tooling to support deployment and lifecycle management of a wide range of compute workloads and services
- Advocate a DevOps culture of automation, self-service, and engineering best practices to enable development teams.
- Provide leadership to the team in mastering technologies, identifying and implementing worthwhile new technologies and improving our process
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (related field) or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in DevOps engineering or software development.
- Comprehensive experience with AWS including a solid understanding of CI/CD, Amazon S3, EC2, IAM, Serverless Computing (Lambda), CloudFormation and Route 53
- Experience with user access, authentication, user permission management and security, LDAP, AD, Cogito
- Strong distributed systems implementation experience
- Experience with auto scaling, performance testing and capacity planning.
- Experience with tools such as Jenkins, Artifactory, etc. to build automation, CI/CD, Self-Service pipelines.
- Experience owning infrastructure in production, as well as designing and creating build/deploy & monitoring systems
- Experience with restful services, service-oriented architecture, distributed systems, cloud system (AWS) and micro-services.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Acute attention to detail
- Excellent collaboration skills
- AWS Architect Certification
- Experience with containerization and scheduling, with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Coding and scripting experience with Python, Java or similar languages