We are seeking a candidate with a strong understanding of financial and information media markets, preferably developing products utilizing a modern event-driven, serverless, highly scalable and efficient Amazon AWS “Cloud & REST API first” open source stack. Strategic, technical vision, forward thinking and strong business acumen are essential in this role. Experience building and managing end-to-end subscription research, data and analytics products that are delivered via API, data Feeds and workflow driven web applications will be key skills to drive disruptive new content delivery to our diverse and highly specialize markets. A background working with authoring and publications platform that enable component driven content delivery for integration to client platforms is highly desired.
At CFRA, you’ll become part of a new kind of independent research company whose ambition is to help our clients exceed their investment objectives and reduce risk. We aim to be at the center of our clients’ financial lives and to help them achieve their financial and information goals. In a world of increasing conflicts and questionable financial information, CFRA is building a company to provide the best quality, scale and performance for its global subscribers which include wealth managers, institutional investors, corporations, academics, and individuals. CFRA has achieved significant growth organically and through acquisitions with ambitious plans ahead, but to continue this growth we need great talent.
- Unique opportunity to build a complete engineering and operational team of up to 10 FTEs with 360 responsibility including DevOps and day-to-day platform maintenance; Manage and select offshore engineering resources; manage vendors relationships and direct overall responsibility for Engineering and Product Delivery roadmaps; strong partnership with Quality Assurance team
- Budgeting: Manage the annual bottom-up budget for the engineering department, including headcount, consulting spend, prototyping costs, equipment cost, travel and entertainment, professional development and more. Ability to make strategic build / buy / blend decisions that are time and budget appropriate.
- Process champion across the SDLC leveraging Agile / SCRUM and/or Lean methodologies; Leverages tools consistently to organize teams i.e. Atlassian Suite; GitHub, TeamCity etc.; strong focus on quantitative / KPI performance management of engineering resources toward high quality delivery through constant improvement and process refinement without loss of agility
- Ability to plan and execute multi-quarter development and resourcing plan including hand-on management of AWS infrastructure costs, database architecture (relational & No SQL) and application architecture; coaching and mentoring engineering staff to deliver new products and features on time and budget
- Execute with disciplined program management mindset and ensure that the product vision is realized through excellence in execution. Incorporate all inter-dependencies between functional disciplines and between departments.
- Partner with senior staff, working across the business, to help define and shape the overall product and company strategy. Builds plans to bridge the gap between strategy and execution
- Balance a high quality, high output engineering mindset with the demands of a high growth financial information business to ensure scalability and preparedness for acquisition growth.
- Has built and lead high performing development teams with a track record of delivering
- Relationship builder with the ability to influence beyond Engineering; exceptional communication skills and the ability and willingness to honestly assess the performance of a project and communicate opportunities/risks to stakeholders.
- Minimum of 15+ years of progressive engineering management with at least 5 years of experience as a VP of Engineering, preferably in an information media company developing customer focused products and delivery leveraging AWS and REST API driven architectures. Familiarity with PaaS architectures a plus.
- Familiarity with Eidos Media or similar enterprise publishing and authoring platforms highly desired
- Keen business acumen and proven executive management abilities based on prior experience.
- Forthright and a team player who is an active member of a high-performance team.
- Ability to drive effective two-way communication with management and development team.
- Knowledgeable with more than one software development methodology and multiple products.
- BS/BA in computer science, engineering or related major or equivalent combination of education and experience. A graduate degree in one of these fields is a plus. Continuous learner and current with technical skills and evolving landscape
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 85% of medical, vision, and dental premiums paid by CFRA for employees and their dependents.
- Generous vacation and holidays.
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.