CFRA research analysts conduct and publish forensic financial statement analysis equity research on publicly traded companies for dissemination to its client base, including institutional investors, underwriters, regulators, and law practices. CFRA is currently looking for analysts in its Rockville, MD office. The analyst will work with team members covering a variety of companies and conducting bespoke analyses for clients. Research and analysis will be a combination of qualitative and quantitative research which ultimately leads to published research. This includes rigorous financial statement analysis as well as gathering and interpreting company-specific and sector-specific data, as the analyst develops and produces company and industry reports. You will play a key role in communicating this research to the client base therefore, strong communication skills as well as confidence to discuss research with senior portfolio managers and analysts are a must.
- Rigorous analysis of public company financial data, news and other information to identify the varied risks facing companies.
- Publish high-impact reports to be delivered to investment managers, hedge funds and others financial institutions detailing our research findings.
- Communicate with clients regarding companies analyzed, industry issues or accounting topics of interest.
- Collaborate with other members of industry sector teams and support senior analysts to develop research ideas.
- Perform custom research projects for clients.
- 2+ years plus experience in finance, auditing or accounting discipline
- Experience researching, analyzing, or auditing companies
- Strong background in financial statement analysis
- At least one of the following credentials a plus: CPA, CFA, MBA
- Strong knowledge of and interest in financial markets
- Superior written and oral communication skills, and ability to work well within a team environment
- Experienced presentation delivery, including comfort in discussing analysis and methodology in a face-to-face environment to prospects and clients
- Willing to travel occasionally
Equal Opportunity Employer / Veterans / Disabled