- May 18, 2021
11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Join the International Accounting Standards Board (IASB) and CFRA for a co-hosted webinar where we seek investors’ perspectives and feedback on what the Board’s priorities should be over the next five years. This webinar is an opportunity for investors to shape the work of the IASB, and ultimately influence the financial statements of companies that report under IFRS Standards.
During the webinar, we will discuss:
- An introduction to the IASB’s Third Agenda Consultation, including:
- Strategic direction and balance of the IASB’s activities
- Financial issues to prioritise and the criteria for adding project’s to the IASB’s work plan
- How investors can engage with the Board in providing feedback to this consultation
- CFRA’s views about three financial reporting topics that are important to investors, and that the IASB should consider prioritising:
- Intangible Assets: How a project on IAS 38 Intangible Assets and possible solutions could address investors’ concerns.
- Expenses – Inventory and Cost of Sales: The merits of developing an IFRS Standard for cost of sales (including cost of goods sold and the cost of providing services), using the principles from IFRS 15 Revenue from Contracts with Customers. Improve the accounting for inventory.
- Statement of Cash Flow and Related Matters: How investors would benefit from a project to review of the presentation and disclosure of information about cash flows, including information about factoring, supply chain financing arrangements, capital expenditure, and cash flows linked to operating expenses.
- Q&A with the Audience